Table of Contents
What is the TOKYO Strategic Innovation Promotion Project?
This subsidy program supports innovative technology and product development by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Tokyo based on the "Innovation Map", using their core technologies (strengths) as a foundation and leveraging external knowledge and know-how. Venture companies and start-up companies are also eligible to apply.
Three key points
- Up to 80 million yen in grants
Applications can be submitted for both new and improved development. It is also possible to divide the development stage into categories and pay the subsidy in installments according to the progress of each category.
- Wide range of expenses covered
This covers the cost of raw materials, labor, industrial property applications, and advertising.
- Hands-on support during project implementation
A collaboration coordinator with experience in product development, commercialization support, etc. will provide support for technological development, acquisition of intellectual property rights, development of sales channels, etc., in an accompanying manner.
Application Requirements (Development Details for which Applications can be submitted)
1. research and development of technologies and products that match the development support themes set forth in the "Innovation Map".
The nine development support themes defined in the Innovation Map are as follows
Disaster Prevention, Mitigation and Recovery
2. infrastructure maintenance
3. ensuring safety and security
4. sports promotion and sports for the disabled
5. support for childcare, the elderly, the disabled, etc.
6. medical care/health
7. environment, energy and electricity conservation
8. realization of an international tourist and financial city
9. transportation, logistics and supply chain
2. include collaboration with other companies, universities, public experimental and research institutions, etc. (outsourcing, subcontracting, and utilization of know-how through joint research)
*In-house only development is not acceptable.
3. the research and development must aim for early commercialization (i.e., generate income through sales, etc.)
Outline of TOKYO Strategic Innovation Promotion Project
Small and medium-sized enterprises (companies and sole proprietors), etc., that are engaged in substantial business activities at their head office or branch office in Tokyo.
Individuals with concrete plans to establish a business in Tokyo
From January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2026 (maximum 3 years)
80 million yen (lower limit of 15 million yen)
Within 2/3 of the expenses deemed eligible for the grant
Cost of raw materials and sub-materials, machinery and equipment, tools and equipment, outsourcing and subcontracting, expert guidance, direct labor costs, and certification/registration of standards, etc,
Fees for industrial property applications and introductions, participation in exhibitions, etc., and advertising
The subsidy will be paid after the completion of the project or after confirmation of each development category.
The Corporation may ask you to provide information about the development to the Corporation from time to time in order to confirm the status of the development.
Please refer to the application guidelines for detailed requirements.
About the Briefing Session
Online information sessions will be held.
A URL to participate in the briefing session will be sent to those who have submitted an application entry.
Thursday, July 27, 13:30-15:00
Wednesday, August 2, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Click here for application entry
Please refer to the special page for application entry procedures and details of the subsidized projects.
The application entry period is from June 30 to August 8, 2023.
* In order to use J-grants, you must be issued a "G-biz ID Prime". Please prepare well in advance, as it takes a certain period of time for the government to examine the application.