Table of Contents
STARTUP CITY SAPPORO is a city of innovation. More innovation from the city. The project aims to nurture entrepreneurship that opens the way to the future, and to connect domestic and international startups with innovative ideas and technologies to society.
This year, we will focus on "startup human resources development" and "open innovation" in particular, and we will foster awareness of "startups as a career" through entrepreneurship courses for high school and university students. The "Open Innovation Project" aims to create new services and businesses by combining the strengths of participating companies and organizations with the advanced technologies and services of startups in Japan and overseas. The goal is to realize "SAPPORO, a city that is sustainable and can take on new challenges. This project aims to create the next generation of urban development through start-up support.
STARTUP CITY SAPPORO Scheme
- public awareness (e.g. publicity and education campaigns aimed at improving the health, environment, etc.)
- Management of a web page to disseminate information on Hokkaido's startup scene and entrepreneurial know-how, participation in events, etc.
- Consultation Service (STARTUP CITY SAPPORO CAFÉ)
- Regularly open a window for seamless consultation on everything related to startups, from preparation for starting a business to business consultation, capital policy, intellectual property strategy, and more.
- For high school students (STARTUP CITY SAPPORO U-18)
- Through the Entrepreneurship Experience Program, the program promotes the acquisition of skills fundamental to entrepreneurship, such as the ability to give shape to one's ideas and the ability to communicate ideas.
- For university students (STARTUP CITY SAPPORO ACADEMIA)
- Provide a series of short, intensive courses to acquire "problem-solving skills," which are essential for startups to grow, as well as talk events by senior entrepreneurs to create an environment conducive to starting a business.
- Open Innovation (STARTUP CITY SAPPORO OPEN INNOVATION PROGRAM)
- Urban open innovation projects that create new value by connecting social issues and corporate assets with startups' advanced services and products
Collaborative Projects Seed Accelerator Program "Open Network Lab HOKKAIDO"
Collaboration with "Open Network Lab HOKKAIDO (a.k.a. Onlab HOKKAIDO)," a community-based seed accelerator program that nurtures and supports startups that approach Hokkaido's assets and issues such as primary industry and tourism in a short period of time. The program nurtures startups that challenge the world.
STARTUP CITY SAPPORO Project Overview
|Project Name||START UP CITY SAPPORO|
|party carrying out (e.g. a policy)||START UP CITY SAPPORO Secretariat ( Sapporo City, Sapporo Industrial Promotion Foundation, D2Garage Inc.)|
|Partners||Hokkaido Railway Company / Digital Garage, Inc.|
|First Year Schedule||September 2019 - March 2020 (planned)|
|Main Locations||Intercross Creative Center (ICC) and others|
|cooperation||NoMaps Executive CommitteeSAPPORO AI LABGeneral Incorporated Association Sapporo Organization for Regional Data Utilization (SARD)STARS BY SAPPORO INNOVATION LAB|
Reference Information] Instilling Entrepreneurial Spirit in High School Students - STARTUP CITY SAPPORO Projecthttps://media.dglab.com/2019/09/20-sapporo-01/
Distributed by: PR TIMES
PORT" is an open innovation media for startups, entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs in recovery, and companies aiming to create new businesses on the theme of social issues, operated by Creww, Inc.